Sunday, October 14, 2007

Giverny - Claude Monet's House and Gardens

We left early Saturday morning to go to Giverny to see Claude Monet's House and Gardens before they close for the winter. The journey is about 45 min outside of Paris...a nice train ride with views of acres and acres of beautiful countryside and beautiful homes!

We lucked out with the weather, it was warm and sunny. We had lunch at this cute little Inn and had yummy crepes with chicken, cheese and mushrooms - Yum! We then headed off to see Monet's House - it's been maintained very well and has a lovely rustic feel. Unfortunately, we weren't allowed to take pictures inside the house, so I took several of the gardens and surrounding area. Beware - there are tons of pics of flowers! We were lucky that most of them were still in bloom.

Going forward I will add more slideshows, that way you get to see more pictues. I wish I had come across this before, it makes life sooo much easier! Enjoy and have a piece of cake for me tomorrow - it's my birthday! A;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY...!